SMP Ltd. Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Policy Statement
SMP Ltd. takes the continuing potential threat from coronavirus seriously and so our approach to this situation is based on guidance from the following sources:
- The World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- UK Government: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/
- NHS: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
We are taking all reasonable steps to ensure we continue to meet our customer obligations and operate our core activities normally. Specifically, we are taking the following steps in relation to the activities we undertake:
– In relation to supporting our customers remotely and our internal operations:
Unless a change to UK Government guidelines means that this isn’t practical, our main offices are open and are working as close to normally as possible. However, we do still have appropriate control measures in place and these are defined by our published and updated ‘Office Working Covid Risk Assessment’.
In the event that the UK Government indicates that measures are required such that our offices are forced to close, all applicable members of our team can work remotely and we will be able to continue our operations as normally as possible.
Regardless, our staff will continue to fulfil their roles and their obligations to our customers as normally as possible but this will be tempered by the fact that we will take any appropriate preventive measures if the need arises.
– In relation to SMP Ltd. staff visit third party locations (including to support our customers onsite):
SMP Ltd. recognises that supporting our customers on-site is a key element of the service it provides and so, based on current UK Government guidance, is providing such visits as required and on a case-by-case basis. At the very least, the following steps will be taken:
* If any support activity can successfully be completed away from site, progressing such activities in this manner will be the preferred method
* Where a site visit is necessary, our published and updated ‘Site Working Covid Risk Assessment’ will be specifically reviewed against the particular circumstances of the visit, or will be reviewed each day where visits to a specific site are on consecutive days
* Where relevant, SMP Ltd.’s Method Statement for working on-site will include specific measures in relation to COVID-19
* SMP Ltd. staff will follow all appropriate general guidance while at a site and in relation to travelling to and from sites
* All SMP Ltd. staff will, of course, follow all appropriate customer instructions and guidance whilst on site (including in relation to PPE)
Ensuring the safety of our customers and our staff remains our highest priority and so no visits will be undertaken when our staff members are displaying any symptoms (unless they have had a negative LFT result just prior to the visit and this is deemed sufficient by the hosting site).
– In relation to our provision of formal training at our SMP Ltd. Training Centre:
To ensure our customers can take the choices that suit their circumstances best, our formal System Administrator Training courses are available in our Swindon Training Centre, on an online basis, or on-site as required and can be arranged on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling +44 (0) 1793 823013 for further information.
Specifically for formal training courses delivered at our Training Centre, please check the relevant area of this website for any updates if you’d prefer to complete relevant training in this way (these will take account of our published and updated ‘Office Visitors Covid Risk Assessment’, of course).
Any further changes to any of these measures will be informed by advice from the detailed sources and communicated both to staff and customers accordingly and as appropriate.