Manual / Automation Tester, Swindon, Salary £33 – 38k + 8% Pension + Private Medical. Strategic Maintenance Planning (SMP) Ltd. has gained considerable experience and reputation in the last 21 years, providing state of the art Maintenance Management solutions globally to a number of blue-chip clients. We are offering a superb opportunity at this exciting time of business growth, for a full-time ‘Manual / Automation Tester’.
If you’re looking for a fast paced, agile environment working on projects for blue chip organisations then we have an outstanding opportunity for the right talent.
JOB DESCRIPTION / MAIN PURPOSE
The successful candidate will plan, manage, and execute tasks related to the creation of test cases, test scripts, and test data. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing analysis and testing to ensure the functions of the system under assessment meet or exceed all established requirements. The Tester will use experience in both manual and automation testing to assist in the quality management and software release process by developing and executing both manual and automated tests. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analysing design specifications and subsequent drafting of test scripts and scenarios.
- Creating test scenarios and plans for web and mobile applications, including functionality, performance and regression testing.
- Writing and executing test scripts for web and mobile applications
- Development and implementation of automated testing to replace manual testing wherever possible
- Work closely with developers, support analysts and product owners to understand product specifics and to create corresponding test strategies
- Review of developers test plans to ensure they have been completed wholly satisfactorily in preparedness for testing
- Review of developers test plans to ensure the software associated risks have been thoroughly assessed in preparedness for testing
- Execute testing on frontend and backend environments for both web and mobile applications
- Identify defects and create comprehensive defect reports that clearly portray the issue
- Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures
- Work with developers to define the testing methodology required for development in a reliable and scalable environment
- Able to work in fast-paced Agile development environment
- Provide correct responses to requests for testing
- Monitor the application noting problems and identify performance trends. Advise on possible actions to improve performance and to avoid problems arising
- Evaluation and reporting of test cycles
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Take initiative on assigned projects/tasks and work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and follow-up are essential
- Document work, take part in user meetings and assist in presenting issues and solutions
- Working with the IT function and customers in identifying and proposing application system changes, better uses, enhancements and development
- Define acceptance tests for new or changed functionality
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of creating automated tests for web and mobile applications
- Experience using TFS while working on a project and or for implementing test plans
- Experience of working on a project using an agile methodology
- Qualifications although important are not as essential as proving competency in the required tasks and responsibilities
- Previous experience testing maintenance management, financial or ERP software will yield an advantage.
- Salary to £33K – £38K
- Generous 8% Pension.
- Private Medical.
- Up to 25 days annual holiday.
Forward a current CV and covering letter to;
Neil Grant – Managing Director
Strategic Maintenance Planning Ltd.
4 Stanton Court
South Marston Park