Maintenance Project Manager, Swindon, Salary to £48,000 + Car + Generous Pension & Benefits. Strategic Maintenance Planning (SMP) Ltd. has gained considerable experience and reputation in the last 23 years, providing state of the art Maintenance Management solutions globally, to a number of blue-chip clients. We are offering a superb opportunity at this exciting time of business growth, for a full-time ‘Maintenance Project Manager’.
Job Title: Maintenance Project Manager
Location: Swindon Office (Working UK and Globally)
Full -Time: 37.5hrs per week.
JOB DESCRIPTION / MAIN PURPOSE
The successful candidate is responsible for the provision of Computerised Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) implementation services to SMP’s extensive global customer base.
The post reports to the Services Director but works closely with other experienced Project Managers, forming a close team.
- Full implementation of the company’s CMMS to include the following core modules:
- Asset Register
- Human Resources Management
- Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM)
- Inventory Management
- Project Management including development and delivery of project plans to meet specific customer requirements.
- Liaison with customers during all points of a projects lifecycle.
- Project presentations for large groups of customer staff.
- Establishment of a smooth hand-over from the sales team at the time of project commencement, interpreting the projects deliverables accurately and implementing the customer specification.
- Conformance to company quality standards, policies and procedures.
- Reporting to the Services Director.
- The role extends globally and the Project Manager is frequently required to work away from home residing in hotels.
- Development and implementation of an asset register to include operational, services and building & civil engineering (B&CE) assets utilising the company’s cmms.
- Writing and scheduling of the customer’s planned maintenance routines utilising the company’s cmms.
- Development and implementation of the customer’s inventory management system utilising the company’s cmms.
- Development and implementation of all pre-requisite modules for the customer, utilising the company’s cmms.
- Project progress reporting for both customers and SMP Ltd. management.
- Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
- Liaise with the company’s IT function on the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems or further fulfil user requirements.
- Document work, take part in user meetings and assist in presenting issues and solutions both orally and in writing.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum HNC/D qualification (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline.
- Computer literacy to a high standard (knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Project).
- Driving licence conforming to United Kingdom requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a requirement for this role as the successful candidate will be expected to interact with customer personnel at all operational levels.
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative is of the highest importance. This key role will require unique talents best suited to individuals of the highest calibre that see themselves as true innovative leaders.
- Management experience with exposure to project management, contract engineering or maintenance planning.
- Previous experience implementing computerised maintenance management software will yield a significant advantage.
- Experience in developing and implementing H&S risk assessments.
- Professional standards – familiar with safety standards, help desk procedures, corporate quality and change management processes.
- Salary to £48K.
- Company Car.
- Generous Pension. (8% of Qualifying Earnings)
- Private Medical.
- Up to 25 days annual holiday.
Forward a current CV and covering letter to;
Neil Grant – Managing Director
Strategic Maintenance Planning Ltd.
4 Stanton Court
South Marston Park