Application Support Analyst, Swindon, Salary to £32,000 + Generous Benefits. Strategic Maintenance Planning (SMP) Ltd. has gained considerable experience and reputation in the last 20 years, providing state of the art Maintenance Management solutions globally, to a number of blue-chip clients. We are offering a superb opportunity at this exciting time of business growth, for a full-time ‘Application Support Analyst’.
Job Title: Application Support Analyst
Full -Time: 37.5hrs per week.
JOB DESCRIPTION / MAIN PURPOSE
The successful candidate is responsible for the provision of application maintenance and support services to users of SMP’s asset management software. The post reports to the Head of IT but works closely with and under the supervision of the Senior Support Engineer, forming a close team.
- Providing application configuration and maintenance on SMP’s asset management software systems, by becoming an expert on the use of all aspects of these applications;
- Delivering support to existing customer users and investigating and resolving application errors, data discrepancies and queries;
- Developing, where agreed and feasible, customisations to SMP’s asset management software;
- Working with the IT function and customers in identifying and proposing application system changes, better uses, enhancements and developments.
- Receive and log requests in our CRM for support from other service delivery staff and/or users; investigate problems and other requests for support and determines appropriate actions to take. Prioritises requests in accordance with agreed criteria and with reference to the Senior Support Engineer.
- Monitor progress of requests for support and ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed.
- Provide correct responses to requests for support by means of for example: making modifications to system parameters, developing work-arounds or site specific enhancements, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures, training users or operations staff, producing additional documentation, or escalating requests to software suppliers.
- Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
- Monitor application systems for which responsible by regular scrutiny of reports from the applications software, the ICT team or CRM analytics. Note problems and identify performance trends. Where approved, take corrective action to improve performance and to avoid problems arising;
- Liaise with software suppliers on the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems or further fulfill user requirements.
- Assist the Business Systems Support Analyst to investigate and model business functions, processes, information flows and data structures, using methodical and consistent techniques; (ii) investigate operational requirements and problems, contributing to improvements; (iii) specify information flows, processes/procedures that will meet the business requirements;
- Document work, take part in user meetings and assist in presenting issues and solutions both orally and in writing.
- Assists in defining acceptance tests for new or changed automated systems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Application systems – experience of recording and solving application support issues from customers, prioritising requests, implementing and communicating timely solutions, both in database and web environments.
- Knowledge of web programming languages and development methodologies;
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Databases
- Operating systems – familiar with Microsoft Windows and Server;
- Operating infrastructure – familiar with general IT infrastructure (hardware, databases, operating systems, local area networks etc);
- Professional standards – familiar with safety standards, help desk procedures, corporate quality and change management processes.
- Salary to £32K
- Modern office environment with dedicated desk space.
- Generous Pension.
- Private Medical.
- Up to 25 days annual holiday.
Forward a current CV and covering letter to;
Neil Grant – Managing Director
Strategic Maintenance Planning Ltd.
4 Stanton Court
South Marston Park